Model T project seen at Chickasha this year

Friday, November 11, 2011

Long summer!

Whew, the first fall storm of the year in my area has hit, and what a doozy! It marks the official end of my summer, thankfully. Cars didn't make hardly any progress this year, but some new developments! Registration should be on the way for our '52 Studebaker; plans are emerging for my 1957 Packard Clipper after I complete my dad's '62 Studebaker. I have a 1914 Ford Model T waiting at a friends house for me to pick up as well! Lots of fun and work ahead of me, looking forward to all this.

On the Packard, a great debate has set up shop in my mind. Should I go with...

A: Rebuild it as a "what if" S-P offered something to compete with the then new Ranchero?

B: Rebuild as a 4 door convertible, with suicide rear doors. A la la '66 Lincoln style.

C: Rebuilt on a shorter platform, or be shortened, as a two door convertible; to be compared against similer "brand X" cars?

D: Should the said convertible idea's incorporate the rear fins of a '58 Clipper, with '57 side trim, to go with a "factory concept/show car" idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment